Welcome to my blog!

My super awesome husband gave me a super fabulous camera a few years back and I've been hopelessly obsessed and have driven my children crazy with, "look at Mommy" and "you can have a piece of candy if you let me take 5 pictures", ever since. Here are just a few of those moments I steel away from my uber cute kiddos, and a few more moments I occasionaly get to take of other people...to the relief of my family. I do love to practice on anyone who will let me, so if you would like your picture taken let me know!
****************************************************************************************

Monday, September 8, 2008

Sprinklers

We were going to take the kids to a friends house to go swimming in their pool, but time snuck by a little too fast and before we new it, it was close to bed time. So instead we turned on the sprinklers and let them run out the last of their boundless energy. We had been swimming the day before and one pair of J's swim trunks were in the wash, and the other seem to be growing to big for him and fell right off. I guess it's possible that J could have grown taller and thinner, but he was already so skinny I think the shorts grew. So I dug through his shorts drawer and pulled out the lightest feeling pair in there, but they must have grown too and were falling down. Poor guy. That put him in a funk and he ran in the water once, decided it was "cold and itchy" and pouted the rest of the time.


The last time we turned on the sprinklers for the kids M was scared of them. I don't know what changed between then and now, but she has changed her tune and LOVES them now.


She took a break to share her giddiness with us.








How she was able to drink like this and not get water up her nose, I know not.


In the mean time, J sat on the curb and wallowed in his sadness.


But M was still loving it.






By this time J started to realize that sprinklers could be just as much fun in regular shorts and was warming up to idea of having a little fun.




I love the light here.


And he's off!

Then Nathan went out for a dessert run and brought us home milk shakes which is, of course, the perfect end to the evening.

No comments: