Welcome to my blog!

My super awesome husband gave me a super fabulous camera a few years back and I've been hopelessly obsessed and have driven my children crazy with, "look at Mommy" and "you can have a piece of candy if you let me take 5 pictures", ever since. Here are just a few of those moments I steel away from my uber cute kiddos, and a few more moments I occasionaly get to take of other people...to the relief of my family. I do love to practice on anyone who will let me, so if you would like your picture taken let me know!
****************************************************************************************

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bad Bloggers, Big Sisters, and Rare Sightings

Don't you hate it when you find a blog you like and you hop on your computer and pull up the blog and there's nothing new. So you try again the next day and there is still nothing new. And the next day, well, nothing. So you wait another week and yet again, nothing new. Especially when the blog might mean something to you, like on it might be pictures of your nieces and nephew or grandchildren that live far away. Ya, I hate bloggers like that.


This is Maddie. She is a big sister. And she loves it.


She helps out all the time. She burps the baby. She bounces her bouncer to keep her calm for me when she's fussy. She makes up all kinds of songs to sing to her and they're hilarious! She brings the baby toys that she's totally incapable of playing with yet, but it's still sweet. She's a very good big sister.

And that's a lot of "she's".

And being such a great big sister can be exhausting.

I went to check on her in bed one night before I hit the sack, but she wasn't there. And she wasn't on the floor with a pillow and blanket like she sometimes does. She wasn't anywhere in her room. And she wasn't in the bathroom, or Abby's room, or the front room or the hall and she wasn't in the kitchen sneaking into the fridge. Can you feel me starting to panic by now? So I ran to the back of the house again and peeked in my bedroom and there she was, fast asleep in my bed. This is not a common occurrence in our house. In fact, this slightly panic-ee incident brings the grand total to one. One very cute little girl fast asleep and hiding in plain sight.

No comments: