Welcome to my blog!

My super awesome husband gave me a super fabulous camera a few years back and I've been hopelessly obsessed and have driven my children crazy with, "look at Mommy" and "you can have a piece of candy if you let me take 5 pictures", ever since. Here are just a few of those moments I steel away from my uber cute kiddos, and a few more moments I occasionaly get to take of other people...to the relief of my family. I do love to practice on anyone who will let me, so if you would like your picture taken let me know!
****************************************************************************************

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Get Rich Quick

I know most people who aren't looking for an excuse to drink to excess on a week day or are in elementary school and looking for an excuse to pinch people don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but our family feels it's our road to the high life.

...There's something wrong with that sentence, but I can't figure it out right now with my sleep deprived mind...

See, we have this plan, this brilliant, genius plan to capture a leprechaun and force him (in the most humane way possible)to tell us how to get to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I was never able to do this during my childhood, so I'm passing on the family obsession to my children. And remember, Jared is a kinda sorta genius, so I just might just live out my retirement in excess. Because he'd share of course. He's that kind of kid.

So we build this trap out of a box and put shiny objects under it to attract the little guy (or gal). I have a feeling our lack of leprechaun bondage has something to do with the inadequacy of this idea, but in the next few years I'm sure Jared will come up with a new genius plan for a much improved trap.

Madie wasn't so into the building. She chewed on her Fancy Nancy barrette instead.


We invited the kids cutie pie friend over to make her own trap.


Here Jared is testing it out. I think he was a bit sceptical, but he was willing to roll with it.


And he was right to be sceptical. No leprechaun this year. But we did scare him so bad he ran straight for the door dropping a trail a loose change behind him.

No comments: