Welcome to my blog!

My super awesome husband gave me a super fabulous camera a few years back and I've been hopelessly obsessed and have driven my children crazy with, "look at Mommy" and "you can have a piece of candy if you let me take 5 pictures", ever since. Here are just a few of those moments I steel away from my uber cute kiddos, and a few more moments I occasionaly get to take of other people...to the relief of my family. I do love to practice on anyone who will let me, so if you would like your picture taken let me know!
****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Squinty Eyes

Nathan helped me round up the kids (he even helped get them dressed) and find a nice flowery spot to take some springish pictures of them. Of course because I was hoping to get some pictures of the three of them together, Madie was in the worst mood ever, well, not ever, but was kind of grumpy and only wanted pictures of her by herself. I go into any picture taking experience of my kids (they've got WBPCS, wanna be photographer's child syndrome) with very low expectations, so I wasn't all that disappointed.

I was also practicing shooting in full sun. I avoid it like the plague, but I thought maybe I should actually face my demons and learn how to do it right. I don't think they turned out too bad considering my total lack of experience at it. Except the squinty eyes. But being that I can't physically force them to open their eyes all the way, I'll just have to live with it. I wouldn't want to make pretty portrait faces in all that sunniness either.

A happy moment.






I don't know what this is, but it's sure cute.


He was trying to be moody like Madie, but he just couldn't do it.




She was being photographed by herself, and was on the verge of dancing.


It looks like she could be smiling here, but she was really mad Jared was in the picture.


And our little one. I'm totally in love with her. And mad at myself for not coming up with a good way to pose her until after this little session. I can picture it now...a wicker basket, a soft blanket just brimming over the top, her lying on top with all that brilliant yellow behind her. Oh well. I can still stare at her chubby little chin lying on the not-so-cute brown blanket.


Jared loves her too.


And so does Madie, but maybe not at this moment. She was, after all, stealing her shot.


Overjoyed to give me an excited pose all by herself.


Squinty eyes from that darned sun, but still cute, in my humble mommy opinion.




I would have loved to get more pictures on this old rusty farm equipment something-or-other, but Madie was giving my the stink eye the whole time.

2 comments:

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

where did you find the flowers? that looks pretty!

mhanberg said...

I love love love your pictures! AND the babies in the pictures!