Welcome to my blog!

My super awesome husband gave me a super fabulous camera a few years back and I've been hopelessly obsessed and have driven my children crazy with, "look at Mommy" and "you can have a piece of candy if you let me take 5 pictures", ever since. Here are just a few of those moments I steel away from my uber cute kiddos, and a few more moments I occasionaly get to take of other people...to the relief of my family. I do love to practice on anyone who will let me, so if you would like your picture taken let me know!
****************************************************************************************

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ignore the Paint

So you have to imagine this against a background of fresh, clean and crisp paint, perhaps grayish in color, but not a dark cave-like gray, a light and airy gray, a gray that I hope to have on my wall this time next year so the full cuteness of my banner shows through.

I bought a gallon of a brownish-tan paint, but I think I've changed my mind.

It's a girls prerogative.

I heard that on t.v. when I was little and it's always stuck in my head.

And the "this" I was talking about...

Abby's birthday banner. She turned one, you know.

It's super cute if you ignore all the awful paint samples slathered on my wall, and the other paint that is actually suppose to be there but was a dirty looking off white to begin with that then became dirty in real life and poked through by many, many nails and screws that nobody bothered to patch when they pulled out. Poor wall...I'll take care of you...when I can actually decide on a paint color.

The white back circle is made of coffee filters.

The pink paper is, well, pink paper, cut in a circle and lined with a sparkly glitter.

The letters are brown paper cut with a Cricut, Fancy Pants font, then painted with glue that I then dumped loads of Martha Stewart glitter on. I LOVE Martha Stewart glitter. It's the best glitter in the universe!



Now I just need to make a banner that says Madie, and I can reuse the Happy Birthday for her birthday.

Jared, on the other hand, might get mad at me if I pull it out for his birthday and try and call it a "bubble gum" birthday or a "cotton candy" birthday. No, I should be brainstorming something in blue or green, or maybe camo...

No comments: