Welcome to my blog!

My super awesome husband gave me a super fabulous camera a few years back and I've been hopelessly obsessed and have driven my children crazy with, "look at Mommy" and "you can have a piece of candy if you let me take 5 pictures", ever since. Here are just a few of those moments I steel away from my uber cute kiddos, and a few more moments I occasionaly get to take of other people...to the relief of my family. I do love to practice on anyone who will let me, so if you would like your picture taken let me know!
****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I did it!

I made a skirt!

Two skirts, actually. One for each girl.

I've given sewing several attempts and failed miserably. But I'm drawn to cute fabric, so I keep trying again.

This time I asked my super sewing skilled cousin for some advice. She summed up a basic skirt in about 30 seconds. Seriously. She made it sound so easy! I went home, and whipped them out, no pattern or anything.

And it worked!
They're wearable!
And they fit my girls!!!
And they didn't even fall apart when I washed them!!!!

I couldn't be more excited over this!





She learned to pose by pointing her toes. (I'm sighing at my daughters cuteness.)



Madie is my little fashionista.


She does things like wearing swim suits in the middle of winter.



Without shoes. Stylin'.





I was even able to put in that band of contrasting fabric near the bottom. The front and back sides of the skirts even line up to make it a neat little circle. Yay!



Next, I want to try something with ruffles!

1 comment:

Launa~Grandma~Mom said...

Jen, I can give you some good hints when you are ready to do ruffles.
Shaunika was my first girl after 3 boys so I can tell you I made her a new dress every week. She was the best dressed kid in the nursery- and everything had ruffles...it was the '80s