Welcome to my blog!

My super awesome husband gave me a super fabulous camera a few years back and I've been hopelessly obsessed and have driven my children crazy with, "look at Mommy" and "you can have a piece of candy if you let me take 5 pictures", ever since. Here are just a few of those moments I steel away from my uber cute kiddos, and a few more moments I occasionaly get to take of other people...to the relief of my family. I do love to practice on anyone who will let me, so if you would like your picture taken let me know!
****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Sparking Night Light

So one day the kids are playing nicely in their bedroom.




I could stop there because that was an amazing event in and of itself.

But I'll continue because the story gets even better!

The big kids come running out in a panic yelling about the sparks shooting out from their night light.

(?????) That's what I was thinking. So I jumped up and ran (literally) to their bedroom and discovered the problem.


Sparks were shooting out from their night light!!!


It turns out Abby found a penny, and instead of eating it like you think a toddler might do, she put it on the prongs of the night light and then plugged it into the wall.





It's kind of hard to tell, but there are chunks taken out of the metal prongs where the penny was sitting.


And here is the poor penny.








Yep, the penny has chunks taken out of it as well.

But, thank goodness, the child is still fully intact, and the outlet even still works. So does the night light, actually. And even though I was freaked out to try to use them, Nathan the "electrical" engineer assures me there are several reasons why they are still safe to use.

No comments: